40 Gallon Conical Fermenter (with Butterfly Valves) - FITS IN A FREEZER!!
This 40 gallon conical fermenter is made from high grade 304 virgin stainless steel. It is 100% sanitary, non-corrosive, and easy to clean.
Fermenting is one of the most important aspects of brewing. The quality of the fermenter you purchase matters, and is just as important as any other ingredient you use when making beer or kombucha. Improve the flavor of your beer or kombucha and eliminate the bacteria that can easily accumulate in less quality fermenters.
Ready for a complete 1 bbl brewing system?
- Related Products
- Material: Premium 304 virgin stainless steel
- Recommended Capacity: 40 gallons
This stainless steel 40 gallon conical fermenter features:
- Designed to Fit in a Freezer
- 4 PSI
- 1.5" Tri-Clamp 4.5" Thermowell
- Dial Thermometer
- (2) 1.5" Butterfly Valve
- 1.5" Tri Clamps and gaskets
- 1.5" Tri-Clamp Port in lid with 1/2" Hose Barb 90-degree
- 3" Tri Clamp Port with Cap
- Diameter = 18.5"; Height = 50.25"; Stainless Gauge = 1.5 mm; empty weight = 62#
What are the advantages of this fermenter?
- You can get temperature control on a 1 bbl fermenter for much less cost than having a jacketed fermenter (avoid cost of jacketing and glycol chiller). A fermenter and freezer alone cost less than a jacketed fermenter, and with a jacketed fermenter you still will need to invest in a glycol chiller.
- Control fermentation and conditioning temperatures by buying a large 20.5+ ft3 upright freezer, remove the door panel, replace it with FRP or highly varnished plywood, add a temperature controller, and put the fermenter in it. (Verify the interior dimensions of the freezer first).
- You can leave the fermenter in the freezer while using and cleaning. We put a side 3” TC port on the fermenter so you can put a spray ball in the side of the fermenter while it is still in the freezer. This saves your back by not having to put the fermenter in and take it out frequently.