Benefits of the Vorlauf Pipe
- Prevents channeling of your mash bed (a common problem with using a hose for your vorlauf).
- Avoids hot side aeration during vorlauf by eliminating splashing when recirculting your mash wort; the outlet is submerged just an inch or two below the liquid level.
- You don’t have to keep worrying about your grain bed and moving grains back to level the bed.
- Adjustable length works for many recipes.
How to use:
- Loosen the nut, then adjust the length of the pipe so that the outlet is about an inch below the liquid level of your mash.
- When running your vorlauf, check that you are not splashing your wort – adjust the length as needed to prevent splashing and hot side aeration.
- After mash in, attach the vorlauf pipe to your mash tun’s upper re circulation fitting.
Choosing the Correct Size.
What size will work best for your brewery setup? Check out the following available sizes and call us directly with any questions. We are committed to helping you make delicious craft brews and are here to help in any way that we can.
- Vorlauf Pipe for 15 Gallon Mash Tuns
- Vorlauf Pipe for 20-30 Gallon Mash Tuns
- Vorlauf Pipe for 40 Gallon Mash Tuns
- Vorlauf Pipe for 2-10 BBL Mash Tuns