Vorlauf Pipe (for 15 Gallon Mash Tuns)
Premium 304 stainless steel Vorlauf pipe for 15 Gallon Mash Tuns.
Benefits of the Vorlauf Pipe
- Prevents channeling of your mash bed (a common problem with using a hose for your vorlauf).
- Avoids hot side aeration during vorlauf by eliminating splashing when recirculating your mash wort; the outlet is submerged just an inch or two below the liquid level.
- You don't have to keep worrying about your grain bed and moving grains back to level the bed.
- Adjustable length works for many recipes.
Want a Pro Brewing System Quote? Click HERE to get started.
- Related products
- Customers also bought
How to use:
- After mash in, attach the vorlauf pipe to your mash tun's upper recirculation fitting.
- Loosen the nut, then adjust the length of the pipe so that the outlet is about an inch below the liquid level of your mash.
- When running your vorlauf, check that you are not splashing your wort - adjust the length as needed to prevent splashing and hot side aeration.
Length is adjustable from ≈9.5" to ≈13.5".
1.5" TC connection at top, 1" pipe, 2" diameter wort spreader plate.
Please verify the length vs. your brewing preferences before ordering.
- 15 Gallon Mash Tun (with Recirculating Fitting and Bottom Outlet)$507.15
- Tri-Clamp (1.5")$7.88
- Hose Barb (for a 1/2" x 1.5" Tri-Clamp)$10.49
- Thermometer (85 Degree, 3" Face, 4.5" Stem)$24.99
- Sparge Arm (12")$63.00
- Gasket (for a 1.5" Tri-Clamp)$0.99
- Wrench (for 2.5" DIN fitting)$18.90
- End Cap Reducer (2" tri clamp x 1.5" tri clamp)$12.59
- Wedge Wire / Slotted False Bottom (for 400mm Diameter Kettles)$271.95