What to Know Before you Buy
When it comes to the below features and overall value, there is no other fermenter that can compete with a Stout Tanks and Kettles fermenter.
Here are some critical items to consider before purchasing your fermenter:
- Is it easy to clean? Can you reach inside it?
- Can you easily inspect it for cleanliness?
- Can you see the welds inside the fermenter?
- Do you need to remove a lot of parts to clean it?
- Are there threaded parts with nooks and crannies that need to be disassembled to ensure cleanliness?
- Are the welds generally smooth, without pits?
- Can valves be disassembled for cleaning? (this doesn't apply to butterfly valves due to their sanitary design)
- Are there non-stainless metal parts, such as legs, that will rust with time and use?
- Is it made of premium 304 or 316 stainless steel? It DOES make a difference, as 304 is preferred for brewing.
- Does it include all necessary valves and hose barbs, etc.?
NOTE: All of our jacketed conical fermenters can easily be converted to Unitanks using our Unitank Parts Kit. Please contact us directly for more information (503) 372-9580.