Fermenters - Non-Jacketed
Here are some critical items to consider when purchasing a home brew fermenter:
- Is it easy to clean? Can you reach inside it?
- Can you easily inspect it for cleanliness?
- Can you see the welds inside the fermenter?
- Do you need to remove a lot of parts to clean it?
- Are there threaded parts with nooks and crannies that need to be disassembled to ensure cleanliness?
- Are the welds generally smooth, without pits?
- Can valves be disassembled for cleaning? (this doesn't apply to butterfly valves due to their sanitary design)
- Are there non-stainless metal parts, such as legs, that will rust with time and use?
- Is it made of 304 or 316 stainless steel?
- Does it include all necessary valves and hose barbs, etc.?
No other fermenter can compete with a Stout Tanks and Kettles fermenter when it comes to these important features and overall value.