Wedge Wire / Slotted False Bottom (for 400mm Diameter Kettles)
Improve efficiency and lautering speed with our wedgewire false bottom. The term “wedge wire” means that the top of the false bottom has very thin slits for water to pass through, but the wires narrow (so the space widens) downward, better facilitating flow of the wort. Many false bottoms in small scale mash tuns are domed - this one features a flat shape, which means there will be an even grain bed depth within the kettle. Compared to a perforated false bottom, the smaller, longer shape of the gaps in the false bottom mean that fewer grain particles will slip through the gaps as well.
Wedge Wire / Slotted False Bottom for 400mm Diameter Kettles
Want a Pro Brewing System Quote? Click HERE to get started.
- Related Products
- Customers also bought
- Customer Feedback
- Overall diameter: 350mm; height: 40mm. Includes handles for lifting.
- Used with our MT15 and MT20 bottom outlet mash tuns
- Not compatible with side outlet mash tuns
- 15 Gallon Mash Tun (with Recirculating Fitting and Bottom Outlet)$507.15
- Carbonation Stone (6")$99.74
- Sample Valve (with 1/4" Hose Barb)$31.45
- Sparge Arm (12")$63.00
- Pressure/Vacuum Relief Valve (15PSI, 1.5" Tri-Clamp)$145.95
- Counterflow Wort Chiller (Stainless Steel)$204.74
- 20 Gallon Mash Tun (with Bottom Outlet)$786.45
- Vorlauf Pipe (for 20-30 Gallon Mash Tuns)$52.49
- Vorlauf Pipe (for 15 Gallon Mash Tuns)$52.49