Wedge Wire / Slotted False Bottom (for 775mm Diameter Kettles)
The term “wedge wire” means that the top of the false bottom has very thin slits for water to pass through, but the wires narrow (so the space widens) downward, better facilitating flow of the wort. Many false bottoms in small scale mash tuns are domed - this one features a flat shape, which means there will be an even grain bed depth within the kettle. Compared to a perforated false bottom, the smaller, longer shape of the gaps in the false bottom mean that fewer grain particles will slip through the gaps.
- Improves efficiency and lautering speed
- Used on our MT120 mash tuns series
Want a Pro Brewing System Quote? Click HERE to get started.
- Related Products
- Customers also bought
- Customer Feedback
Overall Diameter of the False Bottom: 750mm
Height: 40mm. In 3 sections.
Each section has handles for lifting.
- Tri-Clamp (1.5")$7.59
- Hose Barb (1/2" 90-Degree, for a 1.5" Tri-Clamp)$10.79
- Butterfly Valve (for a 1.5" Tri-Clamp, 3 Stops)$61.49
- Hose Barb (for a 1/2" x 1.5" Tri-Clamp)$11.29
- CIP Spray Ball (Stationary, 3 inch Tri Clamp)$45.79
- Racking Arm (for Non-Jacketed Fermenters)$46.49
- Inline Sight Glass (1.5")$56.59
- Inline Sight Glass (1", Short)$32.59
- Vorlauf Pipe (for 2-10 BBL Mash Tuns)$113.99