Grist Hydrator | for use with Mash Tuns - HOT ACCESSORY!
A grist hydrator is a useful piece of commercial brewing equipment that wets your crushed grain as it drops into the mash tun. Grist hydrators are used to minimize doughballs in your mash tun. Why is this important? Doughballs keep the hot liquor from mingling with a portion of your crushed grain. If the liquor is not able to access all of the grain, it will not be able to effectively activate your enzymes for conversion. Using a mash paddle can also help to get rid of any doughballs in your grain.
How Much Does it Cost to Open a Brewery? Get a Quote on a Commercial Brewing Equipment.
- Related Products
- Customers also bought
- Stem Thermometer | 3" Face x 2.5" Stem, 220 Degree$24.99
- Pressure Gauge | Back Mount, 30 PSI$29.99
- Inline Sight Glass | 1.5" Tri Clamp$44.44
- Replacement Glass Tube (for Line 1200 and SPOX)$4.93
- Silicone Gasket | 4" Tri Clamp (FDA)$0.93
- Inline Thermometer | 1.5" Tri Clamp x 3.25" Stem, 30-180F$44.99
- Racking Arm Gasket | 2.5" SMS$3.00
- Adjustable Thermometer | for Skid Mount$34.99
- Sanitary Tri Clamp | 4" Single Hinge, Heavy (304SS)$13.61