Integrated Grist Hopper (for 5bbl - 15bbl Mash Tuns)
Our integrated grist hopper (aka grist hydrator or grist case) typically mounts on top of a mash tun with rakes and plow. This grist hopper requires an auger to lift the grain up to the hopper. It can be paired with one of our Stout Tanks Malt Mills with an auger adapter. Here are some of the many benefits of using a grist hopper in your brewery:
- An integrated grist hopper helps gently guide grain into your mash tun hydrator (on mash tuns with rakes)
- Eliminates back breaking lifting of grain bags
- Allows you to easily meter in grains to the hydrator for homogenous mash
- Saves valuable floorspace in your brewery
- Creates a single brewer operation (you don't have to manually pour in grains)
Looking to Build or Expand your nano brewery, winery, or production facility? Get Started with a FREE Quote.
Please Email or Call (503) 372-9580 for Current Pricing.
- Material: Premium 304 stainless steel
- Note: This photo is of a custom 15bbl grist hopper. Custom grist hopper dimensions will vary. Please call us directly at (503) 372-9580 for more information about this product.
- This grist case includes mounting brackets that will have to be welded on
Oxygen is the enemy of your beer's fresh flavors and hop character. If you want to maintain your beer's hop character longer and keep the hop flavor and aroma brighter, then you must eliminate the oxygen. Our dry hopper or "hop doser" solves the problem of introducing oxygen during dry hopping by allowing you to purge the air out of your hops before dropping them into your fermenter.
Our custom grist hoppers are compatible with the following mash tuns with rakes and plows:
- 5 BBL Mash Tun (with Rakes and Plow)
- 7 BBL Mash Tun (with Rakes and Plows) - Right Side Orientation
- 7 BBL Mash Tun (with Rakes and Plows) - Left Side Orientation
- 10 BBL Mash Tun (with Rakes and Plows)
- 15 BBL Mash Tun (with Rakes and Plows)
REMEMBER: Custom options are available for all of our commercial brewing equipment. If you have something specific in mind, let us know. We are easy to get ahold of and would be more than happy to discuss options that will best fit your brewspace.