20 Gallon Wort Grant - POPULAR ACCESSORY!!
Our 20 gallon wort grant is an excellent tool to both help prevent stuck sparges when moving from lauter tun to boil kettle, and protect the false bottom from the vacuum created by a pump.
When using a pump to move wort to the boil kettle it can be challenging to monitor and control the flow. This can result in grain bed compaction and a stuck sparge, as well as a damaged false bottom.
- Related Products
- Customers also bought
- Customer Feedback
- MateriaL: Premium virgin 304 stainless steel
- Capacity: 20 gallons
Features of this 20 gallon wort grant:
- Tangential inlet
- (2) Ports for sensors
- An ideal companion for 7 bbl brewing systems to 20 bbl brewing systems (it works with smaller sizes as well)
- Upper and lower 1.5" TC ports for float switches/level sensors for auto grant control systems
- Dimensions: 19.75” diameter x 21"H (excluding the lid)
The wort grant is slowly filled by gravity from the lauter/mash tun to prevent that stuck runoff. Using the two provided TC ports, you can install float switches or level sensors for a controller that will automatically start and stop the wort pump that feeds the brew kettle. The tangential inlet is conveniently located in the rear and creates a mini-whirlpool that will help concentrate any escaping grains into the center of the grant.
Ideal for use with the following Stout Tanks commercial brewing equipment:
- 2 BBL Mash Tun / 80 Gallon Mash Tun (with Recirculating Fitting) - (SKU# MT80TW-RF-MW)
- 2 BBL Mash Tun / 80 Gallon Mash Tun - (SKU# MT80TW-RF3-MW)
- 3 BBL Mash Tun (with 3 Recirculation Fittings) - (SKU# MT120TW-RF3-MW)
- 3 BBL Insulated Mash Tun (Insulated on legs) - (SKU# MT120TW-RF3-MW-INS)
- 7 BBL Mash Tun (with Rakes and Plows) - (SKU# MT7BBL-PLOW-INS-278)
- 7 BBL / 275 Gallon Mash Tun - (SKU# MT7BBL-OPEN-WW)